Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Is you straw not manly enough?


Why do 80% of men take out their straws from their drinks? Does it seem too girly to drink out of a straw? Who thought of this and is it even a know stereotype which all men abide by, or is just a coincidence? I asked my sister who is also a server if she’s see this phenomena but she had not noticed it until I pointed it out. I think one of the only reason I have noticed, is because even if there is an extra dust particle on a table, I get yelled at. So, when I have to pick up every man’s straw from the table because it’s now trash, it stands out.
            It’s also such a waste. Like when someone asks for water with lemon, and just leaves the lemon as a glass decoration. Really, what was the point of that? There is one guy who comes in to the bar I work at like 4 days a week. He has a weird set-up you have to bring him and if you don’t know it, you must be known. If he does not get the amount of lemons or ice he wants, he’ll ask for more. And what is the lemon and ice for? To sit as a centerpiece on the table. There are rare occasions when he does use them though, but very rare.
            When you don’t like tomatoes in your wrap, you tell your server you do not want tomatoes. So Gentlemen, next time you go to a restaurant, if this applies to you, you tell your server, “hold the straw please”. It’s the little things that make the biggest differences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment