Wednesday, March 13, 2013

How dare you not leave me cake?


                  There are certain unspoken rules you have to follow as a guest at a restaurant. Like, if you have a party of 6, do not sit by yourself taking up a table for 45 minutes because you were the only one on time. Also, do not camp out at your table after you’re done eating. We cannot make money if you decide to sit and hang out for an extra hour after you finish your meal. Go sit at the bar and have a drink, or go to a friend’s house to chat it up.
                  One last big rule that no one ever really talks or thinks about is leaving cake. When I serve big parties, I expect to be treated like I am a part of it. There is nothing worse than seeing a table indulge in a giant chocolate cake and then packing up the leftovers to take home. I gave you great service and I can’t even get a piece of cake?
                  I thought this was something I only paid attention to until one day, there was a cake in my kitchen and I asked my sister where it came from. She told me she had a table that was celebrating a birthday and they had half a cake left. They then told her she could have the rest of it because they were all servers at one point and know how it is when they did not get included in the party. This just confirmed all my beliefs that it’s just rude not to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment